Friday, June 04, 2010

I'm a Sewer



I've been sewing for most of my adult life.  When I was in my twenties, I sewed a lot of my own clothing.  I got very good at it - even making a pantsuit (that I was happy to wear)!  Then came quilting, and with quilting comes....fabric collecting!  Yowser, do I have a lot of fabric.  Now, probably to a lot of people (quilters), my stash is fairly small.  But to me, it's more fabric than I need to, or want to, have on hand.  So.  It's time to dust off the old garment sewing skills and start making some clothes!

I just made an apron, which showed me just how rusty I was.  It turned out okay, other than the fact that it doesn't fit well, is ugly, and makes me look 20 pounds heavier.  Hmm, well.  That won't do.  Fact is, I need a few good aprons, because I cook a lot.  So, let's find a better pattern.  Maybe this one.  And some skirts.  I think this pattern will make some great summer skirts.

Now, which fabric?  Choices, choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails