Friday, July 30, 2010

Traveling Woman

After putting my knitting needles down for a couple of months, I've finally cast on for a new project.  It's the Traveling Woman shawl by Liz Abinante.  The yarn is Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Sock in colorway Old Town.  I actually bought this yarn in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia when we went to DC back in January of this year.  It's a beautiful, rich (but not too dark) red.  (My photo does not do it justice.)



I enjoy knitting lace a lot, and this will be my third shawl.  I've enjoyed taking some time away from knitting.  Now I think I'm coming back to it refreshed and ready for the fall knitting.

For those of you on Ravelry, here are a few things I'm planning to cast on this year:


And if you're not on Ravelry (and you knit), why not!?  It's a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails